Watch this story of how Bryson Blaine chose to give back to his community after being the recipient of services from the Salvation Army. Bryson's story reminds us of the impact our service has beyond what we may even realize. His service inspires us!
Stick around! We also sat down with Caleb, our Chief Storyteller, to get the scoop on the process of telling Bryson's story. Check out the Q&A below!
- How did you find out about the story? "Our team was approached by the Salvation Army here in Montgomery, Alabama to create a promotional video. We met with Lt. Bryan Farrington and asked him to tell us about the special people who have utilized the Salvation Army and have gone on to make an impact in their community. Bryson’s story really stood out to us."
- What was your initial approach to telling the story? "We wanted to show that not only does S.A. help the homeless community in Montgomery, but those people also pay that help forward to make an even larger impact on the community."
- What is your most memorable experience from telling this story? "It would definitely be seeing Bryson tear up when he hung his first flag after cleaning up the front of a local nonprofit, That’s My Dog. It was a powerful moment that I won’t forget."
- What do you hope to accomplish by telling this story? "I hope to encourage people to donate their time and resources to the Salvation Army in their community. I believe they will see that their impact is even bigger than what they expected."
- What is something that you hated to cut from the video that had to go because of time constraints? "Although we focused on Bryson’s story, there were so many stories of Salvation Army impact that we weren’t able to cover in this video."
Donate to Montgomery River Region Salvation Army!